It was a genuinely positive experience recently when I rediscovered the goals I set myself back in July last year (see http://theshrinkingman.co.uk/?p=125) and realised that I’d already hit most of them.
On that basis, and in the renewed excitement of being part of an official challenge, it seemed like a sensible idea to try and come up with some more. So I have. It was much harder to come up with than it was last time, as I’ve already done lots of the standard things, but I’ve come up with a list of weight-related goals and a list of non-weight-related goals to help me through the next 27lbs:
- To need to get my watch adjusted again
- To need to get my ring adjusted
- To fit comfortably into a Medium Fred Perry
- To fit into the three Ben Sherman Large shirts I’ve got in my wardrobe (they come up very small – honest)
- To fit comfortably into the 32” jeans that I’ve got in my wardrobe
- To be able to swim 100 lengths (80 is my limit at the moment)
- To be able to work out where my waist should be
- To be able to lie on my back in the bath and be completely underneath the water without having to stay completely still
- To be able to cycle to Stony Stratford (no idea how far it is, but it’s further than I’ve cycled in at least 25 years)
- To fit my belly in my trousers rather than over my trousers (aka to actually have a proper waist)
- To be able to swim 120 lengths
- To be able to swim 150 lengths
- To get some nice family photos done
- To reach 60lb lost (3lb to go)
- To get under 14st (4lbs to go)
- To get under the lowest weight I managed to get on the Atkins diet a number of years ago (5lb to go)
- To have lost 25% of my starting weight (7lb to go)
- To reach 65lb lost (8lb to go)
- To get under 13.5st (11lb to go)
- To have lost 5st (13lb to go)
- To have lost 75lb (18lb to go)
- To get under 13st (18lb to go)
- To have lost 30% of my starting weight (21lb)
- To be officially classed as not overweight (does that have an actual name? Normal?) – 22lb to go.
- To have lost 80lb (23lb to go)
- To get under 12.5st (25lb to go)
- To have lost 6st (27lb to go)
- To have won the challenge (27lb to go)
That should keep me going for a while!
Have a good week.